Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Extend code freeze for a few days?

Extend code freeze for a few days?
I would like to propose extending the code freeze for a few days, to at
least Wednesday, but I think Friday would be best. My own reasons are that
I'm still getting together ACCUMULO-259, which I'm close to completing. But
I would really like to see the pluggable encryption hooks in place for 1.5
so insertable encryption is available with Accumulo 1.5. For the record,
Adam is working on 980 and 981 to get it in for the RFile, and I have a
security expert working on a patch for the walogs, so they are being
actively worked on.

And it also appears that I'm not the only person in this boat, as a quick
search shows 102 open fix tickets for 1.5, so perhaps another round of
prioritization is necessary before we close things up.

How does this sound?

- John
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-21, 18:58