MapReduce, mail # user - Writting to HBASE in map phase

Writting to HBASE in map phase
Pablo Musa 2012-07-10, 20:23
Hey guys,
I need to update a field in an HBASE table and I want to do a mapred job for that.
I can do it using both map and red phase. However, it does not make any sense
to me, since map will pass the "Result" it is receiving to the reduce phase.

I also read in the hbase mailing list someone saying that you do not need the reduce,
which I agree. However I do not know, and did not find any hints on configuring
the map phase to write into HBASE.

I could use the HBASE API and write into the table, but I am not sure it is a good idea.

Thanks,
Pablo