Accumulo >> mail # user >> Get list of unique values for given CF and CQ

Re: Get list of unique values for given CF and CQ
There's no built-in iterator to do this. It's difficult to reliably
aggregate/combine data across rows. This might be better suited as a
MapReduce job rather than an iterator. Even if you do something clever
to aggregate within a tablet (like transform all matching keys to a
fixed R/CF/CQ and then using a combiner to group them within that
virtual row) and deal with the potential problems with that (reliably
transforming rowIds is especially tricky), you're still going to need
to aggregate across tablets  with some sort of client code... either
with MapReduce or a single-node client.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii