HBase, mail # dev - Re: collision in the naming of '.snapshot' directory between hdfs snapshot and hbase snapshot

Re: collision in the naming of '.snapshot' directory between hdfs snapshot and hbase snapshot
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-16, 11:10
+1 for Jonathan's solution. We need to allow the user to configure that for
upcoming releases.

2013/4/15 Tsz Wo Sze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi Ted,
>
> It would be great that if Hbase could use a different name since, as you
> mentioned, ".sanpshot" is user visible in HDFS.  It is used for specifying
> snapshot paths.  For example, the path /foo/.snapshot/s0/bar is used for
> accessing /foo/bar in snapshot s0 of /foo.  Thanks.
>

> Tsz-Wo

+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-04-16, 03:24
+