Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop next stable release

+
Niranjan Balasubramanian 2011-11-22, 20:05
Re: Hadoop next stable release
We are expecting to release 0.22 very shortly. 0.22 is suppose to be
considered stable because it has been heavily tested at scale by eBay team
(as far as I know). However, I will let 0.22's RM to comment on that.

Cos

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 12:05PM, Niranjan Balasubramanian wrote:
> Hello
>
> We are currently using hadoop 0.20.203 on a 10 node cluster. We are
> considering upgrading to a newer version and I have two questions in this
> regard.
>
> 1) It seems 0.21 is unlikely to become a stable release anytime soon and we
> are weary of moving to an unstable release. Our primary concern is the data
> we have on our hdfs.  I want to know if anyone has been using 0.21 in
> production and would like to hear about your experiences? Any advice on this
> front is appreciated.
>
> 2) Do we know when 0.23 is likely to become stable? There has been some
> discussion on mail #dev* about 0.23 becoming stable sometime soon. Is it
> going to happen by the end of this year?
>
> Thanks
> ~ Niranjan.
>
> * - http://search-hadoop.com/m/f623FA7bDK1/hadoop+next+stable+release+0.21&subj=0+21+stable+schedule+
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-11-22, 22:05
+
sridhar basam 2011-11-22, 22:19
+
Niranjan Balasubramanian 2011-11-22, 22:33
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-11-22, 22:36