MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum

+
Mark Kerzner 2012-11-13, 15:25
+
Serge Blazhiyevskyy 2012-11-13, 15:27
+
Jay Vyas 2012-11-13, 15:27
+
Mark Kerzner 2012-11-13, 15:50
Re: mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum
1.0.1

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Serge Blazhiyevskyy <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What hadoop version are we talking about?
>
> From: Mark Kerzner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
> Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:16 PM
> To: Hadoop User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
> Subject: mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a cluster with 4 nodes and 32 many cores on each. My default value
> for the maximum number of mappers per slot is 1:
>
>   <property>
>     <name>mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum</name>
>     <!-- see other kb entry about this one. -->
>     <value>1</value>
>     <final>true</final>
>   </property>
> (which I think is wrong).
>
> Howeve, when sizable jobs run, I see 65 mappers working, so it seems that
> it does create more than 1 mapper per node.
>
> Questions: what maximum number of mappers would be appropriate in this
> situation? Is that the right way to set them?
>
> Thank you. Sincerely,
> Mark

+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-11-13, 15:26