HBase, mail # user - HBase random read performance

Re: HBase random read performance
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-14, 21:58
Hi Ankit,

Reads might be impacts by many specifications in your system

As proposed above, Bloom filter can help, but also caching, regions size
and splits, etc. If you have only this table in your cluster, and so only
16 regions, you might want to split your table into smaller pieces. Also,
what's about the size of you key? If it's a 1024 bytes key, 10 000 gets
equals 10MB of data to send.... Which is a lot.

Do you have more details on your usecase and your goals?

JM