HBase, mail # user - Dual Hadoop/HBase configuration through same client

Re: Dual Hadoop/HBase configuration through same client
Shahab Yunus 2013-04-28, 12:43
Thanks Michael S. We have tried that but as one cluster has Kerberos and
the other doesn't. We were unable to make it work and were able to connect
to one cluster at a time. In fact, we started from the same approach but
couldn't make it work and that is one of the reason that we asked this
question. I think the LinkedIn question that you are mentioning was indeed
posted by me.

We have even tried to connect to only HBase on the cluster with Kerberos
and simple making a HDFS connection (FileSystem.get) on the other without
security and it still doesn't work. It was these roadblocks that we faced
after which we posted these questions, just to make sure that we aren't
missing (making a mistake) something or whether it is even possible or not
(using the API in the wrong way).

But as Ted has mentioned that to connection two clusters with different
security settings is not an advisable or proper design anyway. So correct
me if I am wrong but what I now understand is that if the security
configuration is similar (both have Kerberos principals, even if different
ones OR both have 'simple AUTH'), then having 2 Configuration objects or
using distcp, both should work.

Like always, thanks.
Shahab