Hive >> mail # user >> question about machine learning on Hive

+
qiaoresearcher 2013-01-17, 21:23
Re: question about machine learning on Hive
Here is how Twitter does it with Pig:
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~jimmylin/publications/Lin_Kolcz_SIGMOD2012.pdf

We use a similar approach and I think that Pig, being somewhat lower-level
with better support of nested objects, is a better tool than Hive. It
should be possible to do something similar with Hive but we haven't tried.
The trick is to implement the learner as a serializer. Then, the number of
reducers will determine how many parallel learners (bags) you can run.

igor
decide.com

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:23 PM, qiaoresearcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> How to run machine learning algorithms (whatever ML algorithms) directly
> in Hive? assume the input and output already stored as Hive tables.
>
> ps: I know mahout is available there, but would prefer run machine
> learning algorithms directly in Hive
>
> many thanks,

+
Robin Morris 2013-01-18, 04:57