Accumulo >> mail # user >> No Recovery Node In Zookeeper

Re: No Recovery Node In Zookeeper
From a brief look, your change looks good. I would be concerned about
not having an 'else' block with a big-fat-warning though. The only
intent seems to be to notify in the logs that recoveries were found to
be processed. In the same fashion, I would expect a log message if the
entire recovery directory was not present.

Not being able to find that directory could signify larger problems
(like those you ran into), and could, possibly, result in a user
silently losing data due to missing recoveries.

I'm not entirely sure of the implications downstream if the recovery dir
doesn't exist (what does the master do if it gets past the check with
you patch and no recovery/ directory exists?). I don't personally don't
know without diving farther into the Master. I would want to get
verification from someone else before making a change that could have
such a large impact.

(poke, poke Eric/Keith/Adam/Billie/John)

- Josh