Zookeeper, mail # user - Dealing with an expired session

+
David Nickerson 2012-06-26, 14:50
+
Rakesh R 2012-06-26, 15:35
+
David Nickerson 2012-06-26, 20:25
Re: Dealing with an expired session
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-06-26, 20:30
Even if it did (I don't actually know), I'd be nervous about having that
kind of dependency in my app. What's the reason you need this?

-JZ

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM, David Nickerson <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there any guarantee of order? For example, does the default watcher
> receive the notification first?
>
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Rakesh R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > When the ZK disconnects/synconnects/expires all the watchers will get the
> > notifications. I think, you should have the KeeperState checks in the
> > respctive watchers and can do the thread handling logics.
> >
> > In my locking implementation, if a thread wants to wait for a lock, it
> will
> > create a watcher object, set a watch on the lock before it, and wait on
> the
> > watcher. When the watch gets triggered, the watcher notifies any threads
> > that are waiting on it.
> >
> > If the session expires, I would like to wake up all of the threads that
> are
> > waiting for a lock. To my understanding, only the default watcher
> receives
> > a notification that the session has expired. If this is the case, then I
> > need to maintain a list somewhere of all of the watchers that threads are
> > waiting on so that I can notify them all.
> >
> > Does this sound correct?

+
Patrick Hunt 2012-06-27, 17:54
+