HBase >> mail # dev >> A couple of unit tests may be using a data dir of /tmp/hbase-${user}

A couple of unit tests may be using a data dir of /tmp/hbase-${user}
There was a failure of TestLocalHBaseCluster in
https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/3879 that I was able to
reproduce locally, but what I think this means is a couple of tests are
using a data dir of /tmp/hbase-${user}.

I bumped HFileV2.MAX_MINOR_VERSION to 3, then ran tests. Later I changed it
back to 2 after review advice from Ted. TestLocalHBaseCluster then started
failing because some HFiles with a version of 2.3 remained in the
filesystem under /tmp/hbase-${user} from earlier tests and could not be
read in by current tests. The precommit builds don't save the test logs so
I can't confirm if what is going on up on Jenkins is the same thing, but I
suspect so.

I'm not sure if JUnit or Surefire can support a global post test action,
but I'll look into it. I want to test for the existence
of /tmp/hbase-${user} after a unit test has run and if so fail it to flag
it as an offender.
--
Best regards,

   - Andy