Zookeeper >> mail # user >> C binding zoo_get(): need to know max data length in advance

Re: C binding zoo_get(): need to know max data length in advance
On 10 January 2014 11:34, Kah-Chan Low <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Where is this jute.maxbuffer defined?

I think here's where the server learns about it:

https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/blob/trunk/src/java/main/org/apache/jute/BinaryInputArchive.java#L86
> I have been looking for a value like that.
> The max znode data size is configurable.  Is there any way to access this
> value from a zookeeper client?

I don't think there is a way to query this from clients. Wonder if it might
be worthwhile exposing it. The Java client learns that via a system
property as well:

https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/blob/trunk/src/java/main/org/apache/zookeeper/ClientCnxn.java#L724

Cheers,
-rgs