Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] 0.20.205.0 Release Candidate 1

Re: [VOTE] 0.20.205.0 Release Candidate 2
+1

Checksums and signatures were OK.

I also ran an API compatibility check
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7035,
https://github.com/tomwhite/hadoop-compatibility-tools) and it passed.
There were three errors, all false positives:

Class org.apache.hadoop.fs.HarFileSystem
  "E1.2 - API type removed" : field public final static int
org.apache.hadoop.fs.HarFileSystem.VERSION = 1

Class org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient
  "E1.2 - API type removed" : method public
org.apache.hadoop.io.Writable
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.getQueueAclsForCurrentUser()

Class org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$LocalStorage
  "E1.2 - API type removed" : CLASS public static
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$LocalStorage

In the first, the value changed from 1 to 3, which is a problem for
clients that reference these constants. We recommend that users
recompile their code, so this is not a problem. Still, we could
improve this situation in future
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3524150/is-it-possible-to-disable-javacs-inlining-of-static-final-variables).

The second is is because getQueueAclsForCurrentUser returns a
QueueAclsInfo (a Writable) which was made public in 205.

The third is for a private inner class.

Cheers,
Tom