Kafka >> mail # user >> shutting down consumer hang...

shutting down consumer hang...
Hi,

I have a situation where I want to reliably shut-down a consumer, but it
seems to hang in certain conditions, namely:

- If autocommit.enabled = true
- If the current zk instance is not available

It seems that it will indefinitely try to re-create the zk connection, in
order to auto-commit, before exiting, even after I've called
ConsumerConnector.shutdown().

I would think that there should be a way to force it to shutdown, even
under error conditions.

Thoughts?

Jason