The end user community might disappear, and you are ok with this? I'm
simply astonished. Who are these people showing up to help, document, be on
lists, whatever, if not current or prospective end users? Who the hell
shows up to write unit tests? Who is this "public" in public good? Looks to
me like a small cabal of commercial concerns in this case.

I guess the only thing we are going to agree on is that confidence in
Apache Hadoop project stewardship at the ASF isn't currently warranted. And
here I thought things were going so well. Who knew this torpedo lurked
beneath the waters. I guess just members of the cabal. There's nothing more
for me to say, just maybe a few hard decisions to make, depending how this
turns out.