Hi folks:

I've been thinking about the AWS S3DistCP class and am wondering : is
distcp built to work between any two hadoop file system classes ?

Or is it implicitly built mainly to work to copy between to HDFS file
sytems.

I've havent found many examples online with different URI schemes.

With emerging HDFS alternatives, I'd be interested in ways to otimize IO
between different filesystems using distcp.

Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com