----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Mon Feb 09 08:39:27 2009
Subject: Re: Hadoop 0.19.1

Konstantin Shvachko wrote:

I'm not sure about the merge, but it is possible. What is important is
that the branches get reviewed regularly before the big commit day. For
those active branches, that means that we may want some oversight/review
process, and an action plan to deal with unmaintained branches (turn to
jira patch, remove the branch?)
I'm guessing Doug means Git repos and the like.

Now. apache is starting to set up some Git/SVN sync via github, for
efficient branching . That's the alternate place for me to go with my
code, though I quite like SVN myself.

Also, I am not above using HADOOP- issue tags in the commits to our
sourceforge hosted repository...Jira does have the ability to scan other
repositories if needed.