On May 4, 2011, at 6:24 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans wrote:

The ASF is a vehicle for whomever wishes to collaborate on a
given project.  Collaboration means helping do the work.  Those
who do the work may do so for whatever reasons that they think
are good, whether it is because they feel like being charitable
today, they get paid a salary and the big boss said "work on
this part", or because they just have an itch worth scratching.

Apache does not care why people choose to collaborate or
how they choose to apply their own intellectual efforts.  We
welcome all forms of contribution under the terms of our license.

What we do require is a certain amount of civility regarding
our voting procedures and an emphasis on individual responsibility
for your votes.  Anyone caught *voting* a particular way just
because the boss says so will be dealt with severely.  Votes
are how we do quality control and make decisions, and no other
company can be allowed to make decisions for our non-profit.

....Roy