From: Chris Trezzo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 9:30 PM
To: Junping Du
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Jason Lowe
Subject: Re: [Release thread] 2.6.5 release activities

Thanks Jason and Junping for the comments! I will update the spreadsheet for HADOOP-13362 and YARN-4794.

As for continuing 2.6.x releases, please see the discussion in the "[DISCUSS] 2.6.x line releases" thread. Sean, Akira and Zhe all expressed interest in additional 2.6.x releases. I started this thread based off of that interest. I understand there is a burden to maintaining a large number of branches. I am not sure what the community's end-of-life policy is, but maybe we can issue a warning with the 2.6.5 release stating when we will stop maintaining the release line. This at least gives users some time to make migration plans to a newer version.