Hadoop >> mail # user >> Memory exception in the mapper

Memory exception in the mapper
Hi, all,

I got the exception below in the mapper. I already have my global Hadoop
heap at 5 GB, but is there a specific other setting? Or maybe I should
troubleshoot for memory?

But the same application works in the IDE.

Thank you!

Mark

*stderr logs*

Exception in thread "Thread for syncLogs" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
Java heap space
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.<init>(BufferedOutputStream.java:76)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.<init>(BufferedOutputStream.java:59)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskLog.writeToIndexFile(TaskLog.java:292)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskLog.syncLogs(TaskLog.java:365)
Exception in thread "communication thread" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
Java heap space

Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the
UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "communication thread"