HBase >> mail # user >> HBase for ad-hoc aggregate queries

Re: HBase for ad-hoc aggregate queries
And in case no one else says it ...

I'm taking a look at moving our datastore from Oracle to HBase

This is a questionable project in the general case. HBase is not a relational store and lacks indexes, transactions, isolation, easy ad-hoc querying, and nearly everything else you get from Oracle. It may work for specific cases, but it's not usually prudent to think of it as "simply" converting from one database to another.

I'm taking a look at moving our datastore from Oracle to HBase