HBase >> mail # dev >> Chocolatey package for Windows

+
Andrew Pennebaker 2013-08-20, 15:28
Re: Chocolatey package for Windows
Hi Andrew,

I don't think the homebrew recipes are managed by an HBase developer.
Rather, someone in the community has taken it upon themselves to
provide the project through brew. Likewise, the Apache HBase project does
not provide RPM or DEB packages, but you're likely to find them if you look
around.

Maybe you can find a willing maintainer on the users@ list? (I don't run
Windows very often so I won't make a good volunteer)

Thanks,
Nick

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013, Andrew Pennebaker wrote:

> Could we automate the installation process for Windows with a
> Chocolatey<http://chocolatey.org/>package, the way we offer a
> Homebrew<
> https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/hbase.rb
> >formula