From: Loren Siebert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: urldecode hive column

That is cool! I didn't know this feature existed at all.

I've been using https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual as the online manual for Hive, and I don't see 'reflect' mentioned there. I see it here, though: http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/hive/udf/reflect.html. This archive site also contains some good info on variable substitution in Hive scripts, which I didn't know was available either.

Thanks for the tip on 'reflect' !