MapReduce, mail # user - Debugging Mapreduce programs

Re: Debugging Mapreduce programs
bejoy.hadoop@... 2011-09-15, 04:19
Shreya
      There are multiple ways to debug map reduce programs. I found comfortable using the jobtracker web UI. You can your job tracker web UI at
http://<server ip>:50030/jobtracker.jsp
Open it in a browser.
There you can find the running,failed and retired jobs. You can drill down on any job to task tracker log levels from there.
Mostly I get the root cause of my job failures from there.

Hope it helps

Regards
Bejoy K S

-----Original Message-----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:39:23
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Debugging Mapreduce programs
Hi

Can we use sysouts in java to debug MR programs.

Where would those sysouts be printed?

What would be the best way to debug a remote system where I have access
to the machine only through putty.

Regards

Shreya

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.