Pig >> mail # user >> How can pig connect to the HBase in standalone mode?

Re: How can pig connect to the HBase in standalone mode?
I didn't start hdfs. Standalone means local mode, not pseudo
distributed or fully distributed. I just modify the hbase-site.xml
file as following:

<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>file:///tmp/hbase-${user.name} /hbase</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

then I could start hbase and interact with it. I followed the
instruction from http://hbase.apache.org/book/quickstart.html