Pig, mail # dev - Including wonderdog in Pig contrib

Re: Including wonderdog in Pig contrib
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-07-10, 20:31
I don't see the need for Pig to include much of anything in contrib
(and that includes things that are currently in contrib).

Wonderdog is a great library, and it's fantastic that Russel wants to
make sure it works with latest Pig versions. I don't see how putting
the apache process in Russel's way will help him achieve this goal,
though. As long as Pig faithfully publishes SNAPSHOT jars, any
interested project can ensure their tests pass with the latest
snapshot, and seek help from the dev and user lists if it does not.

We had a whole discussion of the benefits of pulling piggybank out due
to the problems caused by the tight coupling; I don't see how those
don't apply in this case.