HBase >> mail # user >> Re: [Question: replication] why only one regionserver is used during replication? 0.94.9

+
Toby Lazar 2013-08-27, 23:13
[Question: replication] why only one regionserver is used during replication? 0.94.9
hi, guys,

I am using hbase 0.94.9. And setup replication from a 4-nodes master(3
regserver) to a 3-nodes slave(2 regserver).

I can tell that all source regservers  can successfully replicate data.
However, it seems for each particular table, only one regserver will handle
its replication at each given table.

For example, I am using YCSB to load 1,000,000 rows with workloada, with 16
threads. During the load period, I looked at the ageOfLastShippedOp and
sizeOfLogQueue. I can tell one of the regserver from Master is doing the
replication. While values of both age and sizeOfLog are growing, another
two regserver doesn't come into help.

So does that mean: for each table and process, only one regionserver will
do the replication regardless how long the queue is? Or did I miss some
setup configuration?

Thanks.

Demai
+