Kafka >> mail # dev >> removing not well maintained clients

Re: removing not well maintained clients
On 10/25/2011 12:41 PM, Jun Rao wrote:
> We are getting close to cut a new RC for 0.7 release. Before we do that, I
> want to ask people's opinion about those not well maintained non-java
> clients. Currently, at least Ruby and Closure are not well maintained
> (little or no activities). I am thinking about deleting those clients from

A general point.  The Clojure client doesn't seem to use the java/scala
api.  If someone wanted to, it would probably be possible to write a
clojure client as a thin wrapper instead of re-implementation (and thus
get access to the high level consumer, etc.)

> our svn for now. If those clients exist in github, we can probably leave a
> forward pointer in a README in our Apache repository (is this ok with
> Apache?).

Sounds good to me.