Hive >> mail # dev >> Issue involving non-sun java build

+
Renata Ghisloti Duarte de... 2013-02-27, 16:06
Re: Issue involving non-sun java build
Hi,

I think we'd want hive to work on as many JVM's as feasible. With that
said, since it's tested mostly on Sun JVM, it's possible we'll introduce
new issues in the future so you'll need to keep testing. Here is a guide on
how to contribute:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute

Glad to have you interested!
Brock
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Renata Ghisloti Duarte de Souza <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been working with Hive for a couple of months now, and although it
> is a pretty strong framework, I can't help but noticing that some
> testcases fails on Non-Sun Java.
>
> Some examples are: TestCliDriver, TestParse and TestJdbcDriver.
>
> The issues involve HashMap situation, where Sun Java has a different
> output order than Non-Sun Java.  It is a silly problem, but it does
> cause failures.
>
> I've been working on fixes for theses problems, and was planning to
> contribute it. Is this something the Hive community would be interested
> in? What are your thoughts about that?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Renata.

Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-27, 19:14
+
Renata Ghisloti Duarte de... 2013-03-25, 17:00
+
Brock Noland 2013-03-25, 17:30
+
Renata Ghisloti Duarte de... 2013-03-27, 18:55