MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop Yarn

Re: Hadoop Yarn
This is sorta a regression with YARN+MR2. In MR1 we've had the
administrative ability to lock down changes to mapred.child.java.opts
on a per node basis, as Tasks would load the TT config and they could
supply finalized arguments (controllable per-node when needed).

Given the app behavior of MR2, I am not sure if its still a good idea
to do, as we wouldn't expect all cluster nodes to even carry the MR
config anymore.

We could have the NM inspect+inject or override container opts though, thoughts?

--
Harsh J