From: "Bhavesh Shah" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:27:28 AM
Subject: hive failed execution error return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mapredtask

Hello all,
I have one query. It is executing fine on Hive CLI and returning the result.
But when I am executing it with the help Hive JDBC I am getting error as:

java.sql.SQLException: Query returned non-zero code: 9, cause: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.executeQuery(HiveStatement.java:192)

What is the problem? Also I am starting the Hive Thrift Server through Shell Script. (I have written a shell script which has commad to start Hive Thrift Server)
Later I decided to start Hive thrift Server manually by typing command as:

hadoop@ubuntu:~/hive-0.7.1$ bin/hive --service hiveserver
Starting Hive Thrift Server
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Could not create ServerSocket on address 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:10000 .
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TServerSocket.<init>(TServerSocket.java:99)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TServerSocket.<init>(TServerSocket.java:80)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TServerSocket.<init>(TServerSocket.java:73)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.HiveServer.main(HiveServer.java:384)
hadoop@ubuntu:~/hive-0.7.1$

Please help me out from this.
Thanks
--