HBase, mail # dev - 0.96.0

0.96.0
Stack 2012-08-24, 18:35
0.96.0 seems to be coming along nicely.  There's 10 blockers and 22
criticals.   Most of the blockers are being actively worked on or are
small enough.  Some of the criticals likewise and a few we could move
out.  Its looking like we should be able to branch 0.96 soon.  Within
a month?

0.96.0 will have

+ Protobuf communications and serializations wherever HBase persists
(zk, .META., HDFS other than hfiles and WALs)
+ Will run on hadoop 2.0.x
+ Metrics2?
+ No performance regression.

What else should it have?

Anyone want to volunteer to be release manager?  Otherwise, I don't
mind doing it.

Good stuff,
St.Ack
+