MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Release numbering for branch-2 releases

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-29, 20:56
+
Stack 2013-01-31, 05:25
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-31, 20:12
+
Stack 2013-02-01, 20:35
+
Tom White 2013-02-01, 10:34
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-01, 18:52
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-02-04, 18:46
+
Stack 2013-02-04, 19:53
Re: Release numbering for branch-2 releases
I think that using "-(alpha,beta)" tags on the release versions is a really
bad idea. All releases should follow the strictly numeric
(Major.Minor.Patch) pattern that we've used for all of the releases except
the 2.0.x ones.

-- Owen
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Would it better to have 2.0.3-alpha, 2.0.4-beta and then make 2.1 as a
> > stable release? This way we just have one series (2.0.x) which is not
> > suitable for general consumption.
> >

> That contains the versioning damage to the 2.0.x set.  This is an
> improvement over the original proposal where we let the versioning mayhem
> run out 2.3.
>
> Thanks Arun,
> St.Ack

+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-04, 22:14
+
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-04, 22:36
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-05, 04:50
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-04, 19:20
+
Eli Collins 2013-01-31, 00:21
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-31, 01:10
+
Eli Collins 2013-01-31, 19:51
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-29, 22:40
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-01-30, 23:32
+
Tom White 2013-02-01, 11:03
+
Stack 2013-02-03, 03:00