MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Release numbering for branch-2 releases

Re: Release numbering for branch-2 releases
I think that using "-(alpha,beta)" tags on the release versions is a really
bad idea. All releases should follow the strictly numeric
(Major.Minor.Patch) pattern that we've used for all of the releases except
the 2.0.x ones.

-- Owen