MapReduce, mail # user - Re: why my test result on dfs short circuit read is slower?

+
Harsh J 2013-02-16, 05:44
+
Liu, Raymond 2013-02-16, 05:53
+
Arpit Gupta 2013-02-16, 06:05
RE: why my test result on dfs short circuit read is slower?
Liu, Raymond 2013-02-16, 06:22
Hi Arpit Gupta

Yes,  this way also confirms that short circuit read is enabled on my cluster.

13/02/16 14:07:34 DEBUG hdfs.DFSClient: Short circuit read is true

13/02/16 14:07:34 DEBUG hdfs.DFSClient: New BlockReaderLocal for file /mnt/DP_disk4/raymond/hdfs/data/current/subdir63/blk_-2736548898990727638 of size 134217728 startOffset 0 length 134217728 short circuit checksum false

So , any possibility that other setting might impact short circuit read to has worse performance than read through datanode?

Raymond