 From: Dean Wampler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 29 October 2012 8:19 PM
Subject: Re: Not able to run queries in Hive

VirtualBox is a free alternative to VMWare, but I think paying for the latter is worth it. You can also download VMWare and VirtualBox virtual machine images from Cloudera and MapR (maybe not VirtualBox?) that have Hadoop and Hive fully configured.
On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Connell, Chuck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

No. Cygwin is not Linux. If you have only a Windows machine (and it is powerful) build a Linux virtual machine on it, using VmWare Workstation. That product is free for 30 days.

>Chuck

Dean Wampler, Ph.D.
thinkbiganalytics.com
+1-312-339-1330