Pig >> mail # user >> PigServer API

Hi All,

I am looking at PigServer methods for running scripts/queries and it seems
like currently theie return type is void which does not tell much about job
completion.

    public void registerScript(InputStream in, Map<String,String>
params,List<String> paramsFiles) throws IOException {
        try {
            String substituted = doParamSubstitution(in, params,
paramsFiles);
            GruntParser grunt = new GruntParser(new
StringReader(substituted));
            grunt.setInteractive(false);
            grunt.setParams(this);
            grunt.parseStopOnError(true);
        } catch (org.apache.pig.tools.pigscript.parser.ParseException e) {
            log.error(e.getLocalizedMessage());
            throw new IOException(e.getCause());
        }
    }
We do have a handle on number of jobs succeeded/failed as part of the job
run, so that is something we should add as return type?

Thanks,
Prashant
+
Bill Graham 2012-10-05, 01:05