HBase, mail # user - how many severs in a hbase cluster

how many severs in a hbase cluster
myhbase 2013-06-22, 14:21
Hello All,

I learn hbase almost from papers and books, according to my
understanding, HBase is the kind of architecture which is more appliable
to a big cluster. We should have many HDFS nodes, and many HBase(region
server) nodes. If we only have several severs(5-8), it seems hbase is
not a good choice, please correct me if I am wrong. In addition, how
many nodes usually we can start to consider the hbase solution and how
about the physic mem size and other hardware resource in each node, any
reference document or cases? Thanks.

--Ning
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-06-22, 14:29