Zookeeper >> mail # user >> How to create parent znodes and its children znodes through zkconsole?

How to create parent znodes and its children znodes through zkconsole?
I recently started working with Zookeeper so I am trying to clear my
understanding on znodes and zookeeper as well.. I am trying to create znode
architecture something like in my below image -

I am wondering what does black color slash means here? It's the top znode
in the Zookeeper? Whenever I start the zkConsole, and I do `ls /`, I always
see [zookeeper] in the list of znodes.. So this black color slash is the
zookeeper node here, which I always get when I do `ls /` ?

Secondly, when we create znodes, how do I create persistent znodes?
something like this should be fine for creating persistent nodes -

    create /te

And here in my diagram I have children of `te` as `v1` and `colo`, so I
will be creating znodes as `/te/v1` and `/te/colo`? If yes, then why not,
we can create znodes as `/v1` and `/colo`, why we always prepend the parent
names with child nodes here?sx

Sorry if I am asking dumb question here.. I have already read zookeeper
tutorial so I got some basic question on it.. Any help will be appreciated
on this.. Thanks..