HBase >> mail # user >> HBase 0.94.x vs Hadoop 2.0.x?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-11-22, 18:25
+
Harsh J 2012-11-22, 18:49
+
Marcos Ortiz 2012-11-22, 19:01
+
Harsh J 2012-11-22, 19:35
+
Marcos Ortiz 2012-11-22, 19:44
Re: HBase 0.94.x vs Hadoop 2.0.x?
Thanks for the clarification.

Should I take a specific 0.94.x distribution to work with Hadoop 2.x+
? Because there is only one version on
http://apache.parentingamerica.com/hbase/hbase-0.94.2/ ...

Or can I just keep my existing HBase confirmation and "simply" upgrade
my hadoop to 2.x?

JM

2012/11/22, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> HBase 0.92+ onwards has had support for Apache Hadoop 2.x+ along with
> Apache Hadoop 1.x.
>
> The note on the web manual says that:
>
> "As of Apache HBase 0.96.x, Apache Hadoop 1.0.x at least is required.
> We will no longer run properly on older Hadoops such as 0.20.205 or
> branch-0.20-append. Do not move to Apache HBase 0.96.x if you cannot
> upgrade your Hadoop[10].
>
> Apache HBase 0.96.0 runs on Apache Hadoop 2.0."
>
> Which means, starting with 0.96, only 2.x Hadoop will be supported and
> support for 1.x or older Hadoop versions will be dropped (or will not
> be "properly supported").
>
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 11:55 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is HBase 0.94.x running with Hadoop 2.0.x?
>>
>> I saw that 0.96.0 will be, but I was wondering for 0.94.x...
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> JM
>

> --
> Harsh J