Flume >> mail # user >> "Standard" HTTP logging stack? (0.9.3 => 1.2 Upgrade)

"Standard" HTTP logging stack? (0.9.3 => 1.2 Upgrade)
Hi all,

Simple HTTP access.log aggregation case here.  Front ends running Apache
needing to aggregate/sink all access.log data to S3.

Right now we're on OG 0.9.3:

nginx => access.log => tailSource => Collector => S3
For 1.2, I was under the impression we would simplify and move to:

Apache => Syslog => Agent…Agent => S3.
However it looks like Apache can only Syslog the error.log.  Am I missing
something?

What's the recommended 'standard' setup?

Thanks guys,

Rob
+
Brock Noland 2012-11-29, 17:19