Accumulo >> mail # user >> Accumulo Configuration Question

Accumulo Configuration Question
TWIMC:

I'm new to Accumulo and I've been trying to come up with a good architecture for a 20 node cluster. I have been running a map/reduce program, and it encounters issues when it comes to running the Accumulo section of the code. Once the job's completion rate exceeds 93, it starts dropping 10's of tasks during the process, because they eventually timeout. The completion rate drops back down, but it the job eventually finishes. I have a suspicion it's due to the way I have the system configured and I wanted to get some feedback as to what's the generally preferred architecture when installing Accumulo?

Since you have the choice of installing hdfs, map/reduce, and tablet servers on any three, the general guideline is to install two per machine (data node and table server, or data node and map/reduce) as per the Hardware section in the Administration documentation.

http://accumulo.apache.org/1.4/user_manual/Administration.html#Hardware

Does that mean you have one large group of data nodes that's installed on the majority of the cluster, or are they somehow split into two groups such that map/reduce & hdfs runs on one set of nodes, and Accumulo tablet servers and hdfs uses another?

I was wondering whether people would comment on what a working configuration might look like?

TIA,

Matt

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exelis Inc. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Exelis Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.