Pig >> mail # dev >> Next Pig release proposal

Next Pig release proposal
Hi,

Here is what I propose we do for the next Pig release:
(1)    Branch early next week - we have major features  and many bug fixes in and will be fixing remaining bugs on the branch

(2)    Publish the release by 11/15 - that will give us a couple of weeks to stabilize the branch and get last minute bug fixes in

(3)    Make this release a 1.0 release. Reasons to go for 1.0 and not 0.10

a.       This release has minimal number of features and was focused on code stabilization and bug fixes. We believe it will be a stable release

b.      It has no major interface changes

c.       Going from 0.10 to 1.0 would be very confusing

Comments?

Olga
+
Santhosh Srinivasan 2011-10-20, 23:58
+
Thejas Nair 2011-10-21, 17:45
+
Santhosh Srinivasan 2011-10-21, 17:59
+
Thejas Nair 2011-10-21, 18:22
+
Santhosh Srinivasan 2011-10-21, 20:50
+
Milind.Bhandarkar@... 2011-10-21, 21:10
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2011-10-22, 09:31
+
Daniel Dai 2011-10-24, 18:59
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2011-10-24, 19:43
+
Thejas Nair 2011-10-24, 19:55
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2011-10-24, 21:32
+
Thejas Nair 2011-10-25, 16:54
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2011-10-25, 00:38
+
Olga Natkovich 2011-10-25, 00:54
+
Thejas Nair 2011-10-25, 01:10
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2011-10-25, 01:45
+
Santhosh Srinivasan 2011-10-25, 06:53
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2011-10-25, 07:30
+
Santhosh Srinivasan 2011-10-25, 07:52
+
Thejas Nair 2011-10-25, 17:01
+
Olga Natkovich 2011-10-25, 17:37
+
Olga Natkovich 2011-10-24, 20:12
+
Scott Carey 2011-10-24, 23:05
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2011-10-25, 09:22
+
Alan Gates 2011-10-21, 18:00
+
Olga Natkovich 2011-10-25, 00:51