Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop streaming or pipes ..

Re: Hadoop streaming or pipes ..
Also bear in mind that there is a kind of detour involved, in the sense that a pipes map must send key,value data back to the Java process and then to reduce (more or less).
I think that the Hadoop C Extension (HCE, there is a patch) is supposed to be faster.
Would be interested to know if the community has any experience with HCE performance.