HBase >> mail # user >> reloading region because regionserver didn't accept updates

+
Weishung Chung 2011-04-20, 19:09
+
Stack 2011-04-20, 19:22
Re: reloading region because regionserver didn't accept updates
Hello Stack,

Thank you.
You are right, it's on the client side. I was populating 30 batches of
datasets one after another continuously to the same table, each batch
contains 100 rows with ~60000 cells in one column family. (Total: 3000 rows
with 60000 cells each row) The test cluster consists of low end old
machines. Could I increase the region size so that this could be avoided
because I am not very satisfied with the uploading speed ? What are the pros
and cons?

Thanks again :)

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Weishung Chung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am seeing "reloading region because regionserver didn't accept updates"
> > message in the middle of populating the table and was wondering what
> could
> > be wrong with it?
> >

> This is a client-side message right?
>
> Usually it means that when we went to upload a batch, one or more of
> the regions mentioned in the batch moved; the client has to find the
> new location before it can retry what is left of the batch.
>
> St.Ack

+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2011-04-20, 21:45
+