HDFS >> mail # user >> Generation Stamp

RE: Generation Stamp

________________________________

  NN will add then into invalidates list and inform to DN through heartbeats responses. Next action in Datanode will be to delete that block physically.
>Ask other datanode copy a new replica to it and delete the old one? Or NameNode will arrange the work if the >number of the replicas is below the specified value? Where can I find this code?
When NN replication moniter finds this block in neededReplications lists, it will choose one SRC node ( who has the good replica) and ask to replicate on other datanode to meet the replication.

Hope it helps you....