Hive >> mail # user >> hive query not running in cron job

hive query not running in cron job
Hi,
I have a python script :-

-------------------cron_script.py---------------------------

import os
import sys
from subprocess import call
print 'starting'
call(['hive', '-f',
'/mnt/user/test_query'],stderr=open('/mnt/user/tmp/error','w'),
stdout=open('/mnt/user/tmp/output','w'))

-------------------cron_script.py---------------------------
------------------test_query---------------------------------

create table test (testcookie STRING, testdate STRING) ROW FORMAT DELIMITED
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t';

------------------test_query---------------------------------

under crontab -e, I have added this line:-

10 4 * * * sudo /mnt/user/cron_script.py > /mnt/user/tmp/log

This cron job executes and "/mnt/user/tmp/log" file is created containing a
string "starting".
And "/mnt/user/tmp/error" , "/mnt/user/tmp/output" these 2 files are
created but are empty. Also no table is created.

If I run this script normally without cron job, it is working fine.

Please help me in setting up this cron job.

Thanks,
Chunky.