Hive >> mail # dev >> should managed tables be visible outside hive?

should managed tables be visible outside hive?
Hi,

I built Hive from the source code. When I try to create tables, I do not
see anything in /user/hive/warehouse. However, the tables are created
correctly.
After loading data to a table, I get the following statement:

Deleted hdfs://localhost:54310/user/hive/warehouse/test_2

Is that normal?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Mahsa