Kafka, mail # user - kafka.jar in repositories

+
Sam William 2012-05-25, 05:34
+
Bo Sun 2012-05-25, 07:30
+
lessonz 2012-05-25, 16:37
+
Jun Rao 2012-05-25, 16:46
Re: kafka.jar in repositories
Ken Krugler 2012-05-25, 17:16
Hi Jun,

Here's my +1 for publishing Kafka (jar and pom.xml with dependencies) to some public repo.

That makes it _much_ easier for a project to include Kafka.

Note that it's pretty easy to get it into the Apache repo; publishing to Maven central is a bit more challenging...

-- Ken

On May 25, 2012, at 9:46am, Jun Rao wrote:

> Sam,
>
> Because of the overhead of certifying every dependent jar, we chose to do
> only the source release, not the binary release for Kafka. This creates a
> bit overhead for our users since they have to build the source to generate
> the kafka jar.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun
>
> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Sam William <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Im writing a framework involving kafka consumers in  scala and Im using
>> sbt as the build tool.  Where do I get kafka-0.7.jar from ?  Is it
>> available in any  maven or ivey repositories?
>>

>> Sam William
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--------------------------
Ken Krugler